In our Lenten reading of The Walk, Adam Hamilton writes about church members doing 5 intentional acts of kindness a week. He says that given there are 52 weeks in a year, if one member did 5 acts of kindness a week that would be 260 acts of kindness in a year. We have 248 members at Heart of Longmont; if every member did 5 acts of kindness per week for a year, that would be 64,480 acts of kindness!
Wow! Can you imagine what kind of love and positivity that would put in place in our community, our country, our world? What changes would occur? What better way to put more of God’s love into the world!
Interested in being a part of the kindness ripple? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Contribute food to the Our Center. A box will be placed by the west door every Wednesday until the church is open again. Drive by between 9AM and 2PM and put your contribution in.
- Send a hand written note to someone to say you are thinking of them.
- Wave and give a shout out to people you pass on your walk.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Send a thank you note to our hospitals or if you know someone on the medical front send a note to them.
Come on, people! We can be the change Jesus calls us to be.