The January recipe for Chef Hearty was Corn Sausage Soup. On a chilly day this hearty soup can warm you up too!
Let this soup keep you nice and warm on the inside.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 cups peeled potatoes cut in 1/2-inch cubes 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 17 ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 17 ounce can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
In a Dutch oven or kettle, cook the pork sausage and onion until the sausage is brown and the onion is tender. Drain mixture on paper towels.
Return sausage mixture to Dutch oven. Stir in potatoes, water, salt, marjoram, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until potato is just tender.
Add the cream-style corn, whole-kernel corn, and the evaporated milk. Heat through. Makes 6 servings.