The Heart of Longmont has been serving those in need for over 150 years; doing what we can to alleviate suffering in the world. There is great power in giving of your time and talents to help others. Whether it is one hour per month serving meals at H.O.P.E., or 3 hours on a Saturday morning to give away free gun safes, or 2 hours a month to bag a healthy meal for Wild Plum kiddos, we have an opportunity for you.
Join us as we create and build relationships that put more of God’s love into the world.
In humility value others above yourself.
Opportunities to Serve
These are just some of the opportunities to express our gratitude for the many blessings we have received. To volunteer or for more information about volunteer opportunities, call the Heart of Longmont office at 303-776-3523 or contact Tricia Grafelman.
- Chef Hearty meals in a bag (September to May)
- Serve meals at HOPE (Homeless Outreach Providing Encouragement)
- Cook meals and side dishes for HOPE
- Make and serve a meal at Agape Safe Haven
- Crochet prayer shawls
- Participate in the annual Crop Walk (October)
- Gun Safe Giveaway and Gun Buy Back Program (October 29 and November 11)
- Handymen (as needs arise)
- Habitat for Humanity Builds
- A Precious Child
- OUR Center food collections (Thanksgiving and Lent)
- Wild Plum holiday gift baskets at Christmas
- Wild Plum teacher and staff appreciation events throughout the year
- Sunday School Teacher (as lead or in a support role)